[ale] Accessing an MP3 player from Linux

Ed Landa elanda at xilogix.net
Wed Oct 29 10:23:29 EDT 2008

> I've inherited an MP3 player and I'd like to be able to interact with it from
> my SuSE 10.2 laptop. It's a ZEN Vision:M from Creative. It has a USB

It looks like Rockbox is working on supporting the Zen Vision:M.  I use
it on my iPod and love it.  No special apps to load audio, just plug in
and copy the files into whatever sort of directory structure you wish.
Rockbox will let you browse through it in that form, but if you want a
"musical database" the capability exists (although I haven't used it.)
Playlists are just flat-files.

You can also play Doom on it, plus there many other games, apps, themes,
features, etc.

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CreativeZVMPort

Ed