[ale] shared calendar

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Sun Oct 26 19:08:38 EDT 2008

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> is there some kinda calendar program/server I can setup so I can
> check/keep up with things on my laptop as well as home?
> I run thunderbird/Icedove on both desktop & laptop PCs..
>
> snowy & 30 in Minneapolis right now!!

I use Google Calendar. At the client I use T'Bird with Lightning
extension and then the Google Provider pluggin added to that. Works fine
for my wife and I. Our google clandars are shared with each other so I
can see hers and she can see mine. Unfortunately the task feature on
Lightning can't do categories as google doesn't support that yet or the
pluggin in doesn't, I don't remember the reason. Task works find on the
local cal but not through to google cal.

I am so jealous, I love the snow, miss that from my travel days.