[ale] Apache 1.3 ProxyPass Q

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:35:45 EDT 2008

A good link on the topic is at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_proxy.html
1) Proxyrequests should be off, since it is only needed for Forward Proxy.
2) It sounds like HTTP/1.1 proxy support was added for Apache 1.3.23
and later versions. Is yours newer than that?
3) Protocol support was done by protocol-specific module, I believe.
4) Simple proxy can also be turned on via P flag in a rewrite rule.