[ale] DNS web interface

Kenneth Price neth.price at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:39:48 EDT 2008

2008/10/24 Brandon Colbert <colbert.brandon at gmail.com>

> Does anyone know where I can get a nice web interface to administer 1
> master and 2 slaves?

I assume you're talking about BIND servers?
Take a look here:  http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/bindweb.htm

I prefer to run PowerDNS on my slaves.  It has a wide variety of backends
and supports something - unique to powerdns - called
"supermaster/superslave" operation (
http://downloads.powerdns.com/documentation/html/slave.html).  Aside from
editing records, I can add domains on my master DNS to my heart's content,
and the slaves automatically add the domain without my involvement.  The
only slave maintenance you have to do is deleting domains that you've
removed from the master.  You can pretty much use any DNS server you want as
the MASTER.

-Ken