[ale] Changing ID3 APIC tag, anyone know...

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Oct 15 19:44:59 EDT 2008

On Wed 2008-10-15 17:46:56 -0400, Ken Arromdee wrote:

> I didn't send it to anyone, and it's a very specific "if the type is
> image/jpg, change it to image/jpeg".  I know very little about
> Python.

If your change was useful to you, you should send a copy of your
changeset to the upstream author (Travis Shirk <travis at pobox.com>) or
to the mailing list [0] with a brief explanation of why you found you
needed it (a link to this thread in the archives would probably
suffice).

It doesn't matter how well you know python -- a specific change that
was useful to you will most likely be useful to someone else.  Plus,
if the change makes sense to Travis and he adopts it, you can get your
name listed in the THANKS [1] file.  w00t!

Sharing small changes like this is what Free Software is all about.
It's nice to be able to contribute!

Happy Hacking,

        --dkg