[ale] Tool to feed with captured tcp traffic

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Oct 15 11:38:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 11:05 -0400, Jerry Yu wrote:
> A month ago I stumbled into a blurb saying a small utility tool can
> feed or play back captured tcp traffic to any arbitrary 'consumer'
> application.  I couldn't find the link any more. :(
> I'd imagine it listens to a socket and feeds the captured packets to a
> cliient connected to this socket (triggered by request or arbitrary
> playback w/o trigger or ctrl)

	Might you be thinking of tcpreplay?

yum info tcpreplay

Name       : tcpreplay
Arch       : i386
Version    : 3.3.2
Release    : 1.fc9
Size       : 317 k
Repo       : updates-newkey
Summary    : Replay captured network traffic
URL        : http://tcpreplay.synfin.net/trac/
License    : BSD
           : tcpreplay supports pcap (tcpdump) and snoop capture formats. Also
           : included, is tcpprep a tool to pre-process capture files to allow
           : increased performance under certain conditions as well as capinfo
           : which provides basic information about capture files.

	Mike