[ale] invisible mounting points on RHEL 5.1

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 12:57:47 EDT 2008

?????
So machine A has a disk image.
Machine B has a NFS served directory that is mounted by machine A.
The machine A disk image is loopback mounted to a point inside the NFS mount
provided by machine B?!?!
????????

Why????? This seems very, very bad. Which machine handles the lock on the
mount - the source of the image file or the NFS server that handles the
shared files? Nested NFS mounts are a nightmare as it is (and usually broke
things up until NFSv4).

James P. Kinney III