[ale] software for service industry

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:28:09 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:
> My son-in-law is a plumber, runs his own business. My daughter is
> probably going to automate his business paperwork..  scheduling, sales,
> accounting.. what packages or programs/applications can I show her??
> He is basically a one-man operation, with a helper sometimes..
> It was his dads business, and his dad did everything BY..HAND..

The NOvember Linux Journal has a great article on Nola Pro.  I looked
very nice, and a lot easier to use than gnucash with lots more
features.  It's commercially supported and open source.

website: http://www.nolapro.com/index-5.html

If you subscribe, here's the article: http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10180

Michael