[ale] linux CNC-mill abd smelting (was Re: Documents and VCS )

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 07:55:34 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 11:32 PM, George L. Allen <glallen01 at gmail.com>wrote:

> maybe we just get the tools we ask for, hence the *nix CNC-mill
> with welding and smelting options for those who seek it,

I'm asking for a setup like what was just described!!  I've been looking at
the various small mills and lathes and there are many promising little ones
( http://littlemachineshop.com/info/minimill.php
http://www.mini-lathe.com/Mini_mill/Main/mini-mill.htm) and a decided drive
to use the only mainstream OS worth keeping (not a slap to *BSD variants).
So if anyone has a rig or knows someone doing this let's hear from them!

Hmm. Design in K3d, Qcad, BRL-cad, dump to mold maker, dump to smelter, dump
to mill, rinse, spit repeat...

James P. Kinney III