[ale] Anyone looking for a new gig?

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Oct 2 15:54:46 EDT 2008

Ryan Gemmill wrote:

> C) Professionalism. I see LOTS of gorgeous PDF/HTML/XML resumes, but
> the fact is that once I've seen them, and identified you as a
> candidate I'd like to present to my client, the need for the graphics
> and color is gone. You've been noticed... you've stood out. Now is
> the time to put the proverbial suit on and get the job.

Personally, if I was interviewing or hiring someone and they came in
with a resume that had a bunch of useless cruft (images, html), I would
see that as an indication that the person didn't think their resume was
strong enough to stand on it's own.

Graphics don't belong on resume's anymore then html belongs in email.

That is, unless you're applying for a graphic art position.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin