[ale] Question about cable modem connections

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Oct 1 16:43:43 EDT 2008

I don't think there was a question of what they CAN do.  It's more a
matter of what they WILL (or more appropriately WON'T) do.

Often enough they won't talk to you at all if you do NOT have a Windoze
PC or if you DO have anything (e.g. a router) between that cable modem
and the PC.  Even if you do get them to try it with anything else the
chances they'll stop and say "not supported' at the first issue is
extremely high.

Hell I've even had the Comcast people try to claim my VCR, DVD player
etc... was the reason they're TV signal was screwed despite the fact I'd
all that in place for years without a problem.