[ale] [OT] Help with burning recovery disks from HP

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Nov 26 14:28:19 EST 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:22:04 -0500
Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> I just went to the HP site, to check out a laptop.. among the things
> to buy was the recovery disk, at $19.95....
> I don't remember noticing that option on Dells site recently...

As of the last system I bought from Dell, it still included their
signature un-modified (and _clean_) Windows installer disc, along with
applications on their own CDs and drivers on a CD.

If one _must_ buy a system that comes pre-shipped with Windows, Dell is
certainly a good choice.  At least that way, getting rid of the baggage
is as easy as using the Windows DVD that comes with the system to
create a clean install.

	--- Mike