[ale] To: old timers that have a gmail account

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Nov 22 11:54:21 EST 2008

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:52:42 -0500
Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:

> I also do the green on black for my xterms.  Interestingly enough, I
> read somewhere a few years ago that those colors were the best choice
> for a programmer.  I don't recall why, or where I read it.

I've always thought green text on a black background was just the best
way to do it.  Well, green text period---my terminals are actually
transparent with a slight blur (gnome-terminal, transparency enabled,
with a custom window rule in Compiz to blur the transparency on the
terminal a little bit to make focusing easier).

Now, I do with that GAFYD had that feature.  I logged into my old Gmail
account for the first time in ages to check it out, and it is really
rather nifty.

	--- Mike