[ale] To: old timers that have a gmail account

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Sat Nov 22 09:45:13 EST 2008

Back when I was still doing DOS (yes DOS) but had moved on to a color
monitor I installed Norton Utilities.   It allowed me to create a menu
and set border color, background color and text color (any one of 16 I
wanted).
While playing with this I had tried a green border, red background and
bold yellow text.

My boss happened to walk by and said "That looks awful - I hate it."  So
of course that was the color scheme I used for the rest of my time
there.  :-)

One thing I don't miss about the old monochrome terminals/displays was
screen burn in.   Nothing like seeing your F key definitions on the
screen even when it was turned off...