[ale] [OT]Re: What's the best geek store in Atlanta area?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Nov 20 11:11:52 EST 2008

> Oh come on, Dominica is not THAT remote.  I used to live about 200 miles
> north west of it on St. Croix.  It's at most 1.5 hrs from Puerto Rico on
> a prop driven airplane.  That said, its one of the most beautiful
> islands in the Caribbean and thats from someone who's from the Caribbean.

>From a tourist perspective.. not too bad. It seems to take us two days
usually to get there, thanks to Liat's inevitable delays. It's a
logistical nightmare to ship real stuff there, and customs can be slow.
We (work) just spent $15k on air-freight.., and am sending more by ship.

Besides, I think Jeremie enjoys shopping for geek toys for people.

Side note: They are upgrading to a new Linux Powered system..
(Going from Delphi/MS-SQL to a LAMP Application)

I just spent a week working on St. Marteen. Lovely place in ways.
Very 'connected' in some... very 'remote' in others.