[ale] [OT] Store closings - NOT MicroCenter!!

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Nov 20 11:03:46 EST 2008

> Ouch, you should research Best Buys troubling practices.  Bait and
> switch and what not.  I refuse to enter Best Buys.  Especially since I
> was asked to leave one after offering advice contrary to a salesperson. :)

Laughing.. They tried that at Circuit City once with me..
I gave the flunky my serious business card, asked him
to get the manager. The manager sided with me,
and the customer got a great deal on a really nice laptop.
She did not need the "gaming laptop"..

Note: When visiting Best Buy, Circuit City, etc..
I always hit them up for returns that don't have software/CD's..
etc.. I tell them I'm a Linux nutcase and if the hardware
is good, I don't want the MS-crapola that is often missing
or messed up on a returned system. About every 5th time I ask,
someone brings out the "mystery box", I pop in an Ubuntu CD
and verify the hardware works.. Hand them the MS-Sticker
scraped from the case and get a good deal.

That's getting harder now that that have in-store shops,
but I still get lucky.