[ale] [OT]Re: What's the best geek store in Atlanta area?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Nov 20 10:30:47 EST 2008

Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> Mike Harrison wrote:
>
>> I've got a customer from Dominica (a rather remote caribbean island)
>> showing up for a couple of weeks. He's got a long/large electronics
>> shopping list for himself, friends, co-workers, etc.. He's pretty sharp
>> and is looking for selection, price.. etc.. on everything from cameras
>> to laptops. And yes, he'll be shopping online a lot also, it's cheaper
>> to fly home with goodies then get them shipped.
>>
>> I'm in Chattanooga, we have Best Buy, and Circuit City...
>>
>> What's the best place(s) in Atlanta I can take him?

> Oh come on, Dominica is not THAT remote.  I used to live about 200 miles
> north west of it on St. Croix.  It's at most 1.5 hrs from Puerto Rico on
> a prop driven airplane.  That said, its one of the most beautiful
> islands in the Caribbean and thats from someone who's from the Caribbean.

There are only a few islands in that chain that are farther from the US
than Dominica.  St. Lucia, Dominique, Barbados, Grenada, Grenadines,
etc.    I guess it depends on your definition of "remote".  To us
cruisers remote is better!  I find it hard to identify "the most
beautiful".  There are so many just gorgeous places in the Carib.  And a
few lumps of sand and/or rock.

Jim.