[ale] [Job] Contracting Development Of Website Within A CMS (Drupal / Joomla)

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Nov 19 07:16:28 EST 2008

> after it has been created. Is this the normal route to go these days, or
> are most websites still built from scratch?

CMS's are the only smart way to do a basic website,
even a quick 3-6 page one. It just makes it easy
and solves most headaches like menuing and basic CSS.

> That said, where are the best places to find someone who can do this?
> And what is the going rate for web developers these days?

$10 to $75 an hour for basic web stuff.. $250 an hour for magic.
And if using a CMS, the hours should be low.

> Ok, last question: On a contract job for building websites, who
> typically owns the copyright for the website, the developer or the
> contractor?

Of course, this depends on the contract and I am not a lawyer,
but it should be a "work for hire" and the payer owns the end product.