[ale] Strange ISC DHCP behavior...?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 21:00:04 EST 2008

It is possible that th3e printer network software doesn't support host
supplied name with dhcp. I've seen a few devices where dhcp required being
told on the client end "yes, use the name I put on the line here".

How are the machines getting a name at all? I'm asuming they get it from
their internal settings.

James P. Kinney III