[ale] Thunderbird won't Lightning

Jim Philips philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 8 10:54:42 EST 2008

I'm running Kubuntu Intrepid here. I installed Thunderbird from the
repositories and then installed Lightning. But when I go to the
calendar, the "new event" and "new task" buttons are grayed out. Indeed,
anything relating to calendar in configuration or setup is grayed out. I
tried renaming .mozilla-thunderbird and starting fresh, but this made no
difference. I did a recursive chown and chgrp on everything in my home
directory, just in case something was out there with the wrong
privileges. Nothing. Anybody got any ideas?