[ale] recommendations for a..... standalone Linux securityfirewall...

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:23:49 EST 2008

Wait, no, I'm _with_ him on this. I'm a little too paranoid to simply open
my whole network, but too charitable to shut off all radio access with WEP
or WPA (as my neighbors who don't know any better do). You currently can't
talk to my personal machines from the radio side; I'm working on a fix so I
can authenticate my machines and gain access to my personal network, but
random folks from outside go through the TOS page and use the internet
without that access. I know it's do-able. Meanwhile, my machines
authenticate and I don't see a TOS page, but you'll have to connect through
a browser and bonk a button before you can use my hotspot. I figure that's a
reasonable compromise.

-- CHS