[ale] Networking Linuxboxes

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue May 27 13:07:14 EDT 2008

On the other hand some people get offended if you assume they know too
little in your response.

My own feeling is that someone looking for help should be grateful for
what is offered and ask further questions about what they don't
understand rather than taking issue with the answer that was provided.
The old saying is:  Beggars can't be choosers.

Helping newbies is something I like to do but it truly annoys me when
they write something that indicates they are incensed by my answer
instead of attempting to clarify the question they asked to elicit
better responses.

Of course you also have the other side where people that pretend they
were born knowing what they know berate newbies rather than answer the
question.

Here it seems to me that you also were assuming what the questioner
asked and could be as equally wrong in your assumption as you think
others may have been in theirs.