[ale] Networking Linuxboxes

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue May 27 12:17:20 EDT 2008

On Tue May 27 2008, Marc Ferguson wrote:
> My wife, finally installed linux on her machine this weekend - happy day!
> She's running openSUSE 10.3 and I'm running Fedora 8.  I thought they would
> automatically see each other, but it looks like there is more to it than I
> originally thought.  Right now it's a simple peer-to-peer network, I don't
> know if we'll should do a client-server structure, but I'll listen to any
> suggestions.  Thanks.

not sure what you want to do between the 2 machines?
do you have both IP/hostnames in each /etc/host ??
can you ping each machine from the other?
can you telnet/ftp between machines? Other than swapping files on a USB stick,
what is it you can't do and want to do?

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800