[ale] Fedora 9

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sun May 25 22:27:21 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 21:24 -0400, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> >> If anybody has F9 installed, please go to System -> Preferences -> Look
> >> and Feel -> Main Menu.
> >> Then select the administration menu group and doubleclick on Add/Remove
> >> Software (should be the top item in the right pane). This should bringup
> >> a prop. box and let me know what it says in the Comm_a_nd:  window. I
> >> have no idea what command launches the new gui, it definitely is not
> >> pirut anymore.
> >>

> > 	gpk-application
> >
> I get command not found. Is it something other than yum-packagekit, or
> gnome-packagekit, or PackageKit?

[root at canyon ~]# locate gpk-application
/home/share/applications/gpk-application.desktop
/home/share/gnome-packagekit/gpk-application.glade
/usr/bin/gpk-application
[root at canyon ~]# rpm -qf /usr/bin/gpk-application
gnome-packagekit-0.1.12-12.20080430.fc9.i386

	Looks like gnome-packagekit to me.

> Those are the packages that I accidently removed when I was trying to
> fix something else. Don't ask, as I had a Brain Fart when I did it.

	Mike