[ale] [Fwd: Re: Distro Search for Thinkpad R40]

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Fri May 23 23:20:54 EDT 2008

Sorry, bumped my tea cup and somehow sent this before completing.  Daniel

Marc, I just put Kubuntu 7.1 on an old IBM thinkpad (forgot which R it
was...), and have since donated it to a teacher's aide at my daughter's
school and it worked great and she's very happy with it.  Abiword for
word processing, GNumeric for spreadsheet are zippy and load very fast,
web browser is fast, and the only application she wanted that is kind of
slow (30 sec to load) is OpenOffice Impress, which she said is fine
since she's slow on that application herself.

Best, Daniel