[ale] Taking My Pocasts with Me?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed May 21 17:38:05 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 16:51 -0400, Marc Ferguson wrote:
> I have a blackberry 8820 and I'm using RhytmBox as my desktop
> application. I can listen to music and download the latest podcasts.
> The only issue is I can't sync it with my BB. So; I manually copy and
> paste the audio files. Is it possible to sync or is there another
> application I can use for this?  Thanks.

It shows up as a USB drive?

If so, try creating a file named ".is_audio_player" in the top-level
directory of the USB drive.  Within that file, place the following:

audio_folders=MUSIC/,RECORDINGS/
folder_depth=2
output_formats=application/ogg,audio/x-ms-wma,audio/mpeg

Of course, adjust that for the reality of your device.

I know for sure that this trick works with Banshee, but not sure about
Rhythmbox.  It might be a HAL trick that Banshee uses; the documentation
isn't clear and I don't have any devices that act that way to test it
out.  But, it's a shot.

Additional information:
http://banshee-project.org/Guide/DAPs/MassStorageDevices

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us