[ale] Fedora 9

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Mon May 19 17:32:08 EDT 2008

On Sun May 18 2008, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Has anybody tried Fedora 9 yet? Any particular problems with the
> install? Any suggestions as to what to avoid?

well, I remembered I had FC8 installed in a partition on a spare server, so I
installed FC9 on top of it, reformatting that partition. It didn't like my
network card.. SO, I was unsure if the card worked so I tried to boot from my
new Knoppix 5.3.1 DVD I just got in the mail. It wouldn't boot, didn't find
the file system ( though it did start the booting process, so it was reading
the DVD. So I took that knoppix DVD to my laptop, and knoppix boots fine. So
my old server doesn't like a knoppix DVD and it doesn't like FC9. I did boot
my old windows server partition and the network card DID work...
ubuntu live CD worked fine, fired up firefox & google.com wasa right there, no
mess, no fuss..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800