[ale] bittorrent issues with Bellsouth

Smeadspam smeadspam at gmail.com
Fri May 16 10:32:10 EDT 2008

Patrick Bartkus wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Smeadspam <smeadspam at gmail.com
> <mailto:smeadspam at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Geoffrey wrote:
>
>     1) Use the modem's transciever stats to report on the Noise Level
>     (Mfgr
>     Minimum is 6db)
>

> How do you get those stats?
>
> I have a SpeedFactory-issued SpeedStream modem and I've not found any
> management interface.
>
> Patrick

Patrick,

You may not have access to a management interface on your modem.  I
don't know your model so you'll have to look it up:

http://www.dsldepot.com/dslmodem.asp?mm=26

I was using the Westell 2200 "expert" interface.  I have looked at
alternatives to the transceiver stats (like oscilloscopes and other
assundries) but haven't yet found an "easy" plug & chug way to measure
the noise that is also cheap.  Of course, I haven't researched
thoroughly so someone on this list might just pop-up an answer (hint hint).

William