[ale] 2nd try. First never made it. Looking for a simple method to generate Spanish language characters.

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed May 14 06:42:57 EDT 2008

I need to generate a few documents in Spanish and am trying to figure
out how to generate the accented characters and the eñe character
without cutting and pasting.  It would be nice to have popup window for
some app like OpenOffice that I could just mouse click without going
through multiple keystrokes or window clicks to access.  Something that
might stay on top, out of the way.   Barring that, perhaps something
that would help me reconfigure the keyboard (easily) to send the
accented characters with an ALT-<letter> or something similar.
I could always write them out longhand, but then I'd really like for
someone to be able to read them and that wouldn't happen considering my
handwriting.  :)

Any help would be appreciated.  Barring that, is there a Spanish speaker
with a decent keyboard listening that would do some translations?  I
sponsor some kids in Latin America and if I send them letters in
English, they have to pay for a translator.
Thanks,
Jim.