[ale] SPRING 2008 UBUNTU LINUX INSTALL FEST -- Saturday, May 17th!

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue May 13 22:02:01 EDT 2008

Just a timely reminder that this coming Saturday, May 17th,
9am to 5pm ALE is helping host another Ubuntu Linux install
fest in conjunction with the regional Ubuntu support teams.
We will once again be in room 5e of Gambrel Hall at the
Emory Law School, but this time it's in recognition of the
Hardy Heron 8.04 LTS release.

Full details have been posted at <ALE.org> and I'd like to
encourage everyone here to share the link and open
invitations with anyone you can think of who may be
interested in this whole free computer freedom / Linuxish
/ Ubunutugal / Open Sourcery thang.

Some of the Ubuntu team have promised to deliver some
of the official 8.04 Live CD's and some SWAG to Thursday's
ALE Central meeting to help with last minute promotions.
Thursday's ALE meeting would also be a good invitation for
newbies who may need some questions answered before
they bring their machines to the install fest.

Hope to see many of you there on Saturday, but much better
would be seeing a couple dozen new faces, too!

peace
aaron