[ale] dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Fri May 9 10:36:27 EDT 2008

Geoffrey wrote:
> Jim Kinney wrote:
>
>> I always love the vi vs emacs stuff. It lets me tell the difference between
>> the programmers and the admins. :)
>>

> Not always an accurate assumption though.  I would count myself more of
> a programmer then an admin, and in my early years, I was purely a C
> programmer using vi.

Strangely, I interpreted Jim in exactly the opposite sense than you
did.  I thought
he was implying, "admins use Emacs, programmers use vi"...

I got started with Emacs when as a grad student I was made sysadmin of a
network of Sun workstations.  The first time I was confronted with vi, years
later, I believe I panicked and killed the process from another console :-)

-- JK

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
 it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov