[ale] dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu May 8 09:27:40 EDT 2008

Friends don't let friends use emacs...

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of JK
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 8:46 AM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: Re: [ale] dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 00:25 -0600, JK wrote:
>> C-U supplies an argument to the following command, in both
>> GNU and XEmacs AFAIK.  Though I could be wrong, I've used
>> Xemacs almost exclusively for quite a while.  And usually
>> I keep the flamey-things command bound to Ctrl-Meta-X F,
>> but I suspect the humor may not have been as obvious had
>> I not spelled out the whole command...
>
> Ahh.  It is a repetition command in my setup.  Not sure if I changed
> that once upon a time or if that's the default setup.  If I want to do
> something 500 times, I C-U 500 <something>.

Y'know, I think I got this wrong :-(  I use C-U the same way
you do, but I had somehow got the idea that what it was actually
doing was supplying a numeric argument to the following cmd.
And it's been so long since I flamed anyone, I forgot how
"flame" behaves:

   Esc-X flame-with-armor-piercing-flamey-things Ret
   target: jkinney Ret

-- JK

--
I do not particularly want to go where the money is -
  it usually does not smell nice there. -- A. Stepanov