[ale] Exporting M$ Express mail files (MacOS -> ???)

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed May 7 09:52:04 EDT 2008

When I worked at a major network gear provider they had a fairly simple
way of insuring people created folders saved important things - they
deleted all inbox email more than 7 days old!   They also insured you
didn't bog down the main mail server by providing an archive server and
deleting all email from the main server that was more than 6 months old.
It forced all the users to learn how to manage their mail boxes or learn
to live without.

What amazes me is how often I find myself needing to refer to messages
1, 2 or even 3 years old.   Creating separate archives for each year
definitely helps.