[ale] Lost wireless on laptop

James Moore d2ove4deb at bellsouth.net
Sun May 4 10:28:47 EDT 2008

Finally got it up again.  Had also posted the problem on the Debian
forum and a reader there gave me a link to an  Ubuntu how to.  Upon
examining the set-up suggested and looking at my /etc/network/interfaces
I saw that in changing from  DHCP to static addressing I had left out
the wlan info on my eth2 entries.  Once replaced and the system
restarted all was well again.   Duh.  It was really a learning
experience.  It always seems that way.  The greater the foul-up the more
learned from the recovery.
Thanks for you reply
Jim Moore