[ale] Username/Password

Jamey Owens vindir at comcast.net
Sun Mar 30 20:59:13 EDT 2008

Hey Terry,

To use httpd.conf instead of a .htaccess file for authentication you just
need to use the same directives as you would in the .htaccess file inside a
<Directory /dirpath/> tag.  If you're worried about server hit because of a
lot of users you might be better off trying out mod_auth_dbm.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/howto/auth.html has good explations of the
auth setup.

-JO