[ale] Ubuntu 8.04 not an LTS release?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Mar 29 12:52:04 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 12:40 -0400, Brian Pitts wrote:
> Ubuntu 8.04 server and desktop will have long-term support. FWIW, I'm
> using Firefox+Ndiswrapper+Flash and have not had Flash cause Firefox
> to crash once. In all past releases Flash crashed and brought down
> Firefox several times a day. Flash still crashes, but now that I'm
> using 64-bit it doesn't take Firefox down with it.

I might have to try using the 64-bit version again, then.  It'd be
delicious irony if it were more stable than the 32-bit version, lol.

All joking aside, though, the problem with Flash and Firefox is one that
I would consider to be a blocker for the release.  I never can watch
more than three YouTube videos in a row without it crashing, at least so
far.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us