[ale] Ubuntu 8.04 not an LTS release?

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Sat Mar 29 12:40:58 EDT 2008

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 09:32 -0400, Jim Philips wrote:
>
> At least not for that reason.  But unless some major issues get fixed,
> this LTS will be (at least on the desktop) a support nightmare.  The
> server is _wonderful_, though.
>
> I just hope that they can get everything worked out.  The biggest
> breakage that I have found thus far is Flash refusing to be stable.
> This is not a huge issue for _me_, but I can imagine that if this
> problem isn't fixed, there will be many people for whom Flash content is
> king that will do the distro-hop.

Ubuntu 8.04 server and desktop will have long-term support. FWIW, I'm
using Firefox+Ndiswrapper+Flash and have not had Flash cause Firefox to
crash once. In all past releases Flash crashed and brought down Firefox
several times a day. Flash still crashes, but now that I'm using 64-bit
it doesn't take Firefox down with it.

-Brian