[ale] Ubuntu 8.04 not an LTS release?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Mar 29 11:10:42 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-29 at 09:32 -0400, Jim Philips wrote:
> Everywhere else the 8.04 release is being labeled "Ubuntu LTS". So,
> the LTS label is just being withheld on the KDE variant. Gnome is not
> undergoing the kind of major architectural shakedown that is KDE 4.
> So, there is no reason to hold back the LTS label there.

At least not for that reason.  But unless some major issues get fixed,
this LTS will be (at least on the desktop) a support nightmare.  The
server is _wonderful_, though.

I just hope that they can get everything worked out.  The biggest
breakage that I have found thus far is Flash refusing to be stable.
This is not a huge issue for _me_, but I can imagine that if this
problem isn't fixed, there will be many people for whom Flash content is
king that will do the distro-hop.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us