[ale] gpg

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Mar 26 22:40:22 EDT 2008

Hello,

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 22:20 -0400, kilpo1 wrote:
> need a bit of help.
> I'm trying to get a new box set up.
> Need to get pgp/gpg set up and running.
> I'm guessing I need to run <yum install gpg> but how do I
> import my existing key ring and keys from my old box, which is still
> running?  There are a number of gpg files in /usr/bin, but some of them
> are links and I am very unsure which ones to move to the new box.

	Well, you don't tell us what distro you're running but it's apparently
one that has yum on it, like Fedora or RedHat or CentOS.  That's a
start.

	The package you want is gnupg and is probably already installed.  Just
run "rpm -qa | grep gnupg" and you'll probably find that both gnupg and
gnupg2 are installed.

	The files with your personal keyrings and all are in your home
directory under .gnupg.  So ~/.gnupg/ is where it's all at and just copy
that whole directory to the new system and you should be good to go.

> Advice would be appreciated.

> Sean

	Mike