[ale] .procmail away response

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Tue Mar 25 11:09:03 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Christopher Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> I use procmail extensively to filter all mail on my server vs in the
>  mail client.  Typically for customers I look at their domain name and if
>  it matches one I'm looking for I place it in the Customers folder.  I'm
>  getting ready to fly to Houston and I thought it would be cool if I
>  could send only Customers an response email that I'm away.  Has anyone
>  done this?  I do not want to do a blanket away because then you guys
>  will be getting my away email.

man procmailex should provide a vacation example rc, you would want to
extend that to only consider domains listed in a file.   In man
procmailex, look for "URGMATCH" to see how you can load variables into
memory for processing by procmail.

-Jim P.