[ale] Examining pre-existing LVM

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Thu Mar 20 18:05:17 EDT 2008

I think you mean "vgchange -a y".  The output is:

  0 logical volume(s) in volume group "vgf" now active
  0 logical volume(s) in volume group "vge" now active
  1 logical volume(s) in volume group "vg0" now active

Ignore vg0; that's a different volume group.

I'd already gone "vgcreate vge /dev/sde1" and "vgcreate vgf /dev/sdf1",
hence the vge and vgf.  Where I seem to be stuck is getting LVM2 to
"bring up" the LVs in the VGs.