[ale] automatic updates = confused user

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Mar 20 07:22:00 EDT 2008

On Thu March 20 2008, Dr. Brian J. Dowd wrote:
> Wire "deterioration" usually comes from flexing them too many times.
>  We all have a tendency to tie our peripherals' wires into knots whenever
> we store them or prepare to travel with them.

that happened recently to my laptop power brick. In October, after not quite 2
years of traveling with my laptop, I plugged it in, but the power light
didn't come on. When I picked up the brick the light flickered... depending
on how I held it, it worked/didn't work. Dell sent me a new one, after
talking on the phone to a tech. I wish I could get them to replace the chewed
up power brick for my Epson scanner!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800