[ale] OT: Best solution for adhoc web pages

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:37:38 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Mike Harrison <meuon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Brian Whigham wrote:
>
> > Why not use google apps?  You could even just use a subdomain of
> > linuxdev.com, like misc.linuxdev.com and hand that over to google apps.
>
> You are so very correct, in fact, I think I'll have to send all of
> my stuff to Google Apps, there it no reason to write code, solve problems
> myself,
> learn, create, or modify things to work the way I need them to work every
> again. Surely between Google and MicroSoft I won't ever have to think
> about technology or code again, I'll just trust them to do it all for me.

While I agree with your point (and I do love sarcasm), Christopher Fowler
specifically stated that he did not want to create a unique look and feel
for each thing he does (prob so he can spend his time doing things he wants,
like creating tennis ball launchers (very neat idea btw!)). So I think Brian
Whigham's response is appropriate. He even gives ideas if you wanted to do
something more complex and "tinker".
-Steve Brown