[ale] OT: Zapmedia sues Apple for patent infringement

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 01:04:02 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> Jim Philips wrote:
>  > This could be more interesting than your garden variety patent suit.
>  >
>  > http://tinyurl.com/2frqe3
>
>  Yeah, I heard about that the other day on the radio.  I thought zapmedia
>  had gone out of business.  I know someone folks on the list used to work
>  there.

Yes, I'm on it but I don't usually read it, anymore.

ZapMedia LLC got restructured as New ZapMedia, when when out of
business.  They patents are either owned, or licensed, by a new
company, ZapMedia Services.  That is who is suing, now.

AFAIK, none of the original founders, investors, or inventors of
ZapMedia and the patents will gain anything if the suit succeeds.  I'd
like to be wrong about that.

Michael