[ale] .htaccess - SSL

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 23:58:42 EDT 2008

I don't think that .htaccess uses SSL by default. So no the password is not
encrypted.

That said, there is a way to do this by redirecting the user to an SSL page
for the htaccess login:

http://www.htaccesselite.com/htaccess/require-ssl-before-asking-for-htaccess-password-vt12.html

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Terry Bailey <terry at bitlinx.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a web page that uses .htaccess.  When I access this page using
> SSL, the popup for the username/password appears, but the yellow
> background does not appear in Foxfire until after I enter my
> username/password and click OK.  Is it the case that my username and
> password is still encrypted?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry Bailey

James P. Kinney III