[ale] Am I the only one that is laughing out load at this question?

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Mar 12 13:39:33 EDT 2008

Thompson Freeman wrote:
\
> FWIW, and knowing that little has changed in the past 150
> years (perhaps longer) in the general school environment,
> it is amazing to realize how pathetic schooling is, until
> compared to the situation of no schooling.

90% of the problems with today's youth is the lack of parenting, not the
schools.  Teachers are expected to be parents, nurses, psychologists,
referees, friends.

Full disclosure, yes, my wife is a teacher and a damn good one.

For the most part, it's not the teachers, it's the system and the
bureaucracy.  Sure, there are bad teachers, but the percentage is no
worse then in any other career path.

Give them what they need to get the job done and they'll do a better job.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin