[ale] Interest in supporting a Linux PoS system: Viewtouch

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Tue Mar 11 11:51:36 EDT 2008

I posted a note a while back about a restaurant owner friend of mine who
was interested in Linux based PoS systems.  I found one that looks
pretty complete:

www.viewtouch.com

and I just mailed their sales staff to see if they had an Atlanta
consultant who could support the system locally.  Haven't heard back
yet, but in case they don't have an Atlanta Linux consultant to do
installs and support, I thought I'd toss it out to the group.  Cost
looks to be a fraction of the Squirrel system my friend is now using
that seems fraught with viruses (he also has a WiFi hotspot off of his
network...).  With all the restaurants coming and going here in
Buckhead, seems like it could be a decent business opportunity.

FWIW,
Daniel

--
Daniel Howard