[ale] Looping Logo Video [OT]

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Mar 10 20:19:56 EDT 2008

On Monday 10 March 2008 18:14, Brian W. Neu wrote:
> does anyone have an recommendations for a resource to take one of my
> client's logos and turn it into a 3D, shining, spinning object with some
> whiz-bang sounds?
>
> It will need to be able to play on Windows XP desktop at a trade show .
> . oh, and it must be ready by Thursday morning :)

Blender 3D is the recognized open source & cross platform solution for
3D modelling and animation, but the learning curve for ANY 3D modelling
and animation package is STEEP  (I know because for several years I
taught college classes in it).

If you send me the logo off list I can probably build a quick time loop
using LightWave on my Mac and have it ready to deliver some time
late Wed.  Would most likely be just a few hours of work and a few
hours of rendering. Once I see the logo and get more details I can
provide a quote for the work.

peace
aaron