[ale] OT: should I be worried?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Mar 10 10:01:36 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 06:37 -0500, Tim Watts wrote:
> I routinely get voice spam on my land line phone about how I urgently
> need to call a number about my soon-to-expire auto warranty (which I
> don't have). (Yes, I'm one of the last 20 people in the country who is
> not on the national DNC list -- don't ask why.) I can live with that.
> But I was spooked a few days ago: After making a number of calls on my
> cell, the message suddenly arrived on my cell phone where I NEVER get
> spam. Is it possible or likely that this is more than just an eerie
> coincidence?

My guess is that it is just a coincidence... I have been getting those
calls for a while now, myself.

Going on a (still off-topic) tangent, I thought cell phones were not
supposed to be called by these companies in the first place.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us
cell: 678-522-7934                       im: mike at trausch.us, jabber