[ale] Astounded in Arahuay

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 09:37:22 EDT 2008

Heh. This is not just happening in Peru. There's an OLPC deployment
happening right next door in Alabama (
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/11/students_will_get_laptops_with.html ) as
well.

I'm trying to get involved in OLPC development. I've got some early OLPC
PyGTK code running and I'm talking to the OLPC-DEV list.  I hope to
contribute when I  (and they) can figure it all out. The prospect of helping
some actual kids out with code is very seductive.

My fear, of course, is that we're raising a whole new generation of 419
spammers. Talk about Unintended Consequences!

-- CHS